Recent Posts

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Two Reasons for Celebration!

So there were two really good reasons to celebrate the 4th of July- Independence Day and Madelyn's birthday!  Officially Madelyn turned one today, but since family was going to be in town already for the 4th, we decided to combine the two.  We really had a lot of fun. 

We started out the day with the annual Rexburg Parade downtown.  This is my most favorite thing all year that I really look forward to.  I know that sounds pretty dumb, but I grew up going to a similar parade in Georgia at a not so small town anymore.  But it is so similar to what I remember as a kid and I think looking through their eyes its so much more cool.  The big tractors, fire trucks, horses (even if they do poop), all the candy, old cars, and at the Rexburg one they always hand out chocolate milk (Grant's a big fan of this tradition).  It always makes me feel apart of the community and patriotic.  I seriously LOVE this time of year!

Anyway, so after the parade we came home and put Madelyn to sleep and got started on the food and decorations.  Everyone helped out so much so it wasn't all that hard to get everything together.  By the time we were done, Madelyn woke up and we all ate.  Then we sang happy birthday to her and blew out the candle.  She got her first, of many I'm sure, chocolate cupcake.  She was more interested in playing with the cake rather than eating it, but I think she enjoyed the experience.  After a quick bath (she was a MESS) we opened presents.  She got her first doll house from us, LOTS of books and a bookcase from Juju (my mom and dad), and a ride on ladybug from Nana (geoffery's parents). 

She really was in a good mood for most of the day.  I had just weaned her from nursing the day before, so she was  a little on edge.  I, on the other hand, had plenty of caffeine to make up for the last two years of doing without (some benefits to not nursing or being prego).  But we really had a lot of fun with everyone and it was really relaxing and laid back.  It's good to have family around who will help and you can just be yourself.  So all and all it was a successful celebration of the 4th and 1st birthday!  So glad I decided to combine them... maybe it will become a tradition:) 

7 comments:

Cassie said...

Wow, it looks like some of those pictures are from a magazine! So cute!!

Cassidee Garner said...

How fun! She is getting soo big! I need to come see u guys!!

Jett Powered Foundation said...

Okay seriously you need to have your own decorating show!! You are so good at it and good at making yummy treats. I love it! Your family is adorable.

Melissa said...

John and I will be moving up to your neck of the woods pretty soon, Idaho Falls that is. I can't say I am thrilled about it, so you will have to let us know what kind of fun things there are to do in Idaho! It looks like you throw great parties so lets have a couple of those!

L Garcia Muro said...

Wow, those are great pictures, you have a beautiful family. That only comes from the love you share together. The love that God has created has created the love in your family. Be thankful, and be blessed...

ஜோ. தமிழ்ச்செல்வ‌ன் - 9487187193 said...

Hai you are very lucky and happy family. Be happy always says Bible. Let share our happiness to others and let others share their happiness to us. God bless you.
jo.tamilselvan@gmail.com
JO. TAMIL SELVAN
SOCIAL WORKER & ADVOCATE
PUTHOOR, MONDAIKADU POST,
KANYAKUMARI - 629252
TAMIL NADU, INDIA
CELL 009487187193

david grohl said...

wow i like this poto this havy family